Monday, February 10, 2014

Mini break to the Sunshine State

I couldn't help but take a wing shot. No one was next to me so I didn't feel too idiotic. And so the mini break begins. 

There's something so charming about air travel. I also have a strange thing about meeting people at airports/being met at the airport. Bear met me at the gate (one million points), with a latte (bonus), and a cuddle (and we have a winner). Like the beginning of Love Actually - there's just something so warm and fuzzy in the atmosphere at the arrivals gates at airports - even more so when someone special is there waiting just for you. 


Pies with a side of "Kinda Bacon": the kinder bacon. Also kinda like crack.


Oh, Bardon. You're so handsome. 


Now. Red Star. How do I love thee, let me count the ways. I had my first Red Star cold pressed coffee at the West End markets a couple of months ago and I've been dreaming about it ever since. Finally reunited at the store in West End, it didn't dissappoint. For all who don't know, their cold press coffees are like an iced coffee without the trimmings, and only subtly sweetened with the deliciousness of blue agave. Heaven in a cute amber bottle.


The West End is my favourite place in Brisbane. Book shops, op shops, unassuming boutiques, record stores, and men who can walk down the street playing a ukulele without anyone raising an eyebrow. I refrained from buying many an impractical but pretty thing. Observe exhibit A, the perfectly preserved vintage picnic set. But if I OWNED one I WOULD have picnics, yes?


Unfortunately the op shop wallpaper was not available for sale.


Curse you, reflection! The image above the writing is of shitty looking kitties.


Prepare the pancreas. Diabetes incoming.


1 comment:

  1. I love this post until…it got to the bit where you DIDN'T BUY THAT AMAZING PICNIC SET!?!?!?! But now that the outrage has subsided, lovely to see you made the most of your mini break. And yay to airport greetings.

    ReplyDelete