Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rainy Sundays in the Treehouse

Rain is, and always has been, my favourite weather.  It replenishes my plants, cleans the air and washes all the city grime away.  It provides me the perfect justification to stay inside and catch up on all the films I have missed, or the book I haven't managed to finish. I love that a backdrop of grey clouds and an opaque sky mean the green of plants is so vivid and vibrant, and a concrete jungle looks glossy and new.


I have seized the opportunity to have a cooking bonanza, making misr wat (Ethiopian chickpea and pumpkin curry), eggplant parmigiana (par cooked then frozen, ready and waiting for a lazy weeknight dinner), plus a mushroom, bacon (of the animal friendly variety) and broccoli vegan frittata. My apartment smells like rain, spices and incense. That's not a complaint.

Now to treating myself to the long-awaited Secret Life of Walter Mitty,  plus a big pot of cinnamon and orange tea. I wish every day was as relaxing as this.

1 comment: